Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Future Years; Scarlet Pimpernel "Epilogue"

FOUR YEARS LATER....



"Margot? Where are you, my dearest??" I called out.
She might've been with James and Juliette, but I wasn't sure. Juliette, 4, and James, 3, were our children.
"I'm out here, sweetheart." she replied. "I'm in the garden with the kids."
I heard a bark and a joyful squeal. I ran over to the garden and realized that it was James, running right behind our dog, Max. Atleast, he was trying to. Every two sprints, he would trip; and Marguerite would just giggle, smile, and tell him to keep on trying. Juliette was sitting on the swing, chanting, "back and forth, back and forth!" with the tune of an English National Anthem. I watched how her long, blond hair swayed and her green eyes twinkled with delight as she swung to and fro.
"Bag and froth!" said James, and jumped on Max, making them both plummet to the ground. Everyone started laughing.
“James, you did it!” says Juliette with a huge grin on her face as she went to give him a hug.
“Daddy, I did it!” James exclaimed.
“Yes, yes you did my little one.” I replied as I picked him off the ground and spun him around. Marguerite stood up and walked over to me. She whispered in my ear, “I’m so happy I followed you to France that day.” and stared straight into my eyes. Her irises were changing color to a dark green, and they twinkled. She grabbed my face and kissed me.
"Ewww!!” Said James as he made a “yuck” expression.
“Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G!” Chanted Juliette. The children both fell to the ground laughing. At that moment, I didn't see the marvelous flowers in the garden, or the blue sky; but the two wonderful children on the ground in front of me, both smiling at me. And the most important element; the young and beautiful woman standing behind them. And the best thing about them, you ask? That they were mine forever.

Get a Voki now!

1 comment:

  1. I only want one boy named Jimmy, Sir Pecry.

    Margurite Blakeney

    ReplyDelete