This year's NCAA Tournament had many upsets. I call this the Devil's Tournament because there were so many upsets. The largest upset of the tournament was 14 seeded Ohio beating 3 seeded Georgetown 97-83. The largest win of the tournament was 1 seeded Kentucky beating 9 seeded Wake Forest 90-60. There were also buzzer beaters to pull off upsets such as 13 seeded Murray State beating 4 seeded Vanderbilt 66-65 on a buzzer beater. There were also upset scares in the tournament. 15 seeded Robert Morris led 2 seeded Villanova in most of that first round game. Villanova won that game in overtime 73-70. The best game of the tournament was 2 seeded Kansas State beating 6 seeded Xavier 101-96 in double overtime. The most shocking win of the tournament was 9 seeded Northern Iowa beating 1 seeded Kansas 69-67.
Duke won the National Championship beating Butler 61-59. Gordon Hayward missed a last second half-court shot which bounced of the backboard and the rim. You can see that on the video below. The Final Four Teams were Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia, and Duke. Michigan State beat Tennessee 70-69. Butler beat Kansas State 63-56. West Virginia beat Kentucky 73-66. Duke beat Baylor 78-71. In the first semifinal, Butler beat Michigan State 52-50. In the second semifinal, Duke beat West Virginia 78-57. Duke ended up winning the National Championship. I, Sir Percy, think that the favored teams lost confidence and just weren't able to get the job done. At the end of the tournament, the champions were the Duke Blue Devils. Duke beat Butler 61-59 in the championship.
Now, I bet you are thinking why does an Englishman care about United States College Basketball. Well, first of all, I am rich, so I have enough money to travel and go to the games. I don't always think about this because I am busy rescuing innocent nobles from unfair execution but when I have free time, I take my wife, Marguerite, with me to the games. I really like the Xavier and Kansas State game.
Please watch the video below about the National Championship. Also, please vote on the polls on the right.
For videos on the tournaments, click on one of the links below
Michigan State 70 New Mexico State 67
Maryland 89 Houston 77
Georgia Tech 64 Oklahoma State 59
Ohio State 68 UC Santa Barbara 51
Syracuse 79 Vermont 56
Gonzaga 67 Florida State 60
Murray State 66 Vanderbilt 65
Pittsburgh 89 Oakland 66
Kansas State 82 North Texas 62
Wisconsin 53 Wofford 49
Missouri 86 Clemson 78
Duke 73 Arkansas Pine Bluff 44
California 77 Louisville 62
Texas A&M 69 Utah State 53
Old Dominion 51 Notre Dame 50
Saint Mary's 80 Richmond 71
Villanova 73 Robert Morris 70 OT
Northern Iowa 69 Kansas 67
Tennessee 83 Ohio 68
Butler 54 Murray State 52
Kansas State 84 BYU 72
Kentucky 90 Wake Forest 60
Washington 82 New Mexico 64
Baylor 76 Old Dominion 68
Michigan State 59 Northern Iowa 52
Tennessee 76 Ohio State 73
Butler 63 Syracuse 59
Kansas State 101 Xavier 96 2OT
Kentucky 62 Cornell 45
West Virginia 69 Washington 56
Duke 70 Purdue 57
Baylor 72 Saint Mary's 49
West Virginia 73 Kentucky 66
Butler 52 Michigan State 50
Duke 78 West Virginia 57
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved this years tournement, it was awesome! I can't believe Northern Iowa won, it was awesome! I loved how Morgan State beat Villanova. Also Cornell went pretty far in the tournement for being such a low seed. Thats all I have to say for now.
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
Sir Andrew
How could KU lose? Their coach must feel just like me. Betrayed, sad, and most of all, he must be mad that his players didn't do what he wanted them to.
ReplyDelete